HAH! I'M SO WEIRD! I've just been watching too much KDRAMA for my own good... I finished 16 episodes in 3 days. Sometimes I don't know either to worry or pity my social life. I think I'm purposely doing this to myself because I don't know what to write for my Year 11 Councillor 'speech'. I'm stuck on ideas (help me out if you can!).
So why am I giving you advice all of the sudden? Well my dears, I've been going through an existential crisis and have realized that I should probably talk about how you should deal with it rather than just ranting on to you guys. When we're swimming in a sea of sorrow, we have to learn how to stay afloat!
1. Breath deeply.
Easy, right? However, people forget how beneficial it is. It gives you more energy, better digestion, less stress, less inflammation and a good mood. It's basically everything you need in life FOR FREE!
2. Smile!
Although we may feel angry, depressed or frustrated smiling will make you feel better. Yeah, half the time it's fake but after you do it over and over, you start to believe yourself. Smiling is also great for the cheeks because you're basically exercising them and this helps with the cheek bones!
3. Give yourself a break.
Many of us are actually the ones putting stress on ourselves because we feel as if we have expected to do something. For me, it's a good body and good grades... which is quite tiring and annoying. So it's really important to relax for a bit and take a rest from all the expectations. I watch movies or read to release the stress.
4. Don't worry.
I can't tell you how good this is to your body. Worry can have really detrimental effects to your body; more anxiety, sleep deprivation, loss of concentration/focus, loss of energy and bad complexion are just some of the minor effects. When people are filled with anxiety throughout their daily lives it can become a nightmare. Once I was so worry that suddenly I lost my hearing for a few seconds, which was quite scary. So please don't worry, be happy!
5. Eat healthy foods more often.
Not only is this good for your body but it's also good for your mood. All the good vitamins and chemicals will boost your energy levels and keep you from worrying about anything "junk foody" that enters your body! However, make sure you balance out the diet with some occasional "guilty pleasures", JUST DON'T GO OVERBOARD LIKE I DID TODAY! I accidentally ate 3 packets of chips *cringe*.
6. Read.
You'll learn more about life, develop different perspectives and after you read a book, you get this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. Reading is one of the best ways of calming yourself down and kind of just taking time off from the chaos in reality because they enable us to travel anywhere and become anyone.
7. Don't depend on others for your happiness.
This can be translated to "don't get attached". The thing is if this person or object disappears, you will most likely hit rock bottom and come to regret everything in life. It happens to me all the time; I think I've just found the bestest person in the whole entire world but sooner or later they end up leaving and then I get so angry at myself. It's ok to love spending time with someone, but don't make it so that they are the only thing that makes you happy and without them you feel empty.
8. Be slow to judgement and anger.
You start seeing the flaws in people and losing your patience fast - it's not the way you want to be living because you'll be living in misery. I grew up in an Asian culture and, as stereotypical as it is, I was born judging people. Due to this I don't give anyone chances and I don't give myself any either, which isn't how I want to live! So don't judge a book by it's cover but rather, live a compassionate life where you're open to people and have a forgiving and loving heart. It'll be healthier for your mind and mood.
9. Be honest.
YEP THAT'S RIGHT. You've heard it many times and you're hearing it again; honesty is the best policy. The thing about honesty is that it's there to protect you. It's there so you won't get into conflict with your friends or family, it's there to make sure you don't do anything silly and to make sure you understand the risks you take when you lie. However, it's also there to make sure you don't regret anything you do with your life because if you're honest with yourself then you're obviously comfortable with everything you do.
10. Life is not a fairytale.
We constantly live with the expectations that our life will be this if we do this, like if we study hard we're bound to get a great score. BUT PEOPLE! YOU FORGET THAT LIFE IS RANDOM! I study my hardest all the time but then I end up getting 60s and feel disappointed, however this just acts as a reminder that nothing about life is perfect. Humans aren't perfect so why should life be! Stop expecting, so that life will be more spontaneous rather than a massive disappointment.
11. Give to the less fortunate.
I give you the mission of giving, something so powerful it can change lives. It takes your mind off how "unfortunate" you think you are and is an act of love. Instead of complaining about how you don't have the latest iPhone or how bad the maths test was (literally me), let's focus our attention on the people who can't even afford phones or an education and help better their lives. It'll make you feel more purposeful and help decrease the amount of selfish people in this world (i.e. increase the humanity in the world).
1. Breath deeply.
Easy, right? However, people forget how beneficial it is. It gives you more energy, better digestion, less stress, less inflammation and a good mood. It's basically everything you need in life FOR FREE!
2. Smile!
Although we may feel angry, depressed or frustrated smiling will make you feel better. Yeah, half the time it's fake but after you do it over and over, you start to believe yourself. Smiling is also great for the cheeks because you're basically exercising them and this helps with the cheek bones!
3. Give yourself a break.
Many of us are actually the ones putting stress on ourselves because we feel as if we have expected to do something. For me, it's a good body and good grades... which is quite tiring and annoying. So it's really important to relax for a bit and take a rest from all the expectations. I watch movies or read to release the stress.
4. Don't worry.
I can't tell you how good this is to your body. Worry can have really detrimental effects to your body; more anxiety, sleep deprivation, loss of concentration/focus, loss of energy and bad complexion are just some of the minor effects. When people are filled with anxiety throughout their daily lives it can become a nightmare. Once I was so worry that suddenly I lost my hearing for a few seconds, which was quite scary. So please don't worry, be happy!
5. Eat healthy foods more often.
Not only is this good for your body but it's also good for your mood. All the good vitamins and chemicals will boost your energy levels and keep you from worrying about anything "junk foody" that enters your body! However, make sure you balance out the diet with some occasional "guilty pleasures", JUST DON'T GO OVERBOARD LIKE I DID TODAY! I accidentally ate 3 packets of chips *cringe*.
6. Read.
You'll learn more about life, develop different perspectives and after you read a book, you get this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. Reading is one of the best ways of calming yourself down and kind of just taking time off from the chaos in reality because they enable us to travel anywhere and become anyone.
7. Don't depend on others for your happiness.
This can be translated to "don't get attached". The thing is if this person or object disappears, you will most likely hit rock bottom and come to regret everything in life. It happens to me all the time; I think I've just found the bestest person in the whole entire world but sooner or later they end up leaving and then I get so angry at myself. It's ok to love spending time with someone, but don't make it so that they are the only thing that makes you happy and without them you feel empty.
8. Be slow to judgement and anger.
You start seeing the flaws in people and losing your patience fast - it's not the way you want to be living because you'll be living in misery. I grew up in an Asian culture and, as stereotypical as it is, I was born judging people. Due to this I don't give anyone chances and I don't give myself any either, which isn't how I want to live! So don't judge a book by it's cover but rather, live a compassionate life where you're open to people and have a forgiving and loving heart. It'll be healthier for your mind and mood.
9. Be honest.
YEP THAT'S RIGHT. You've heard it many times and you're hearing it again; honesty is the best policy. The thing about honesty is that it's there to protect you. It's there so you won't get into conflict with your friends or family, it's there to make sure you don't do anything silly and to make sure you understand the risks you take when you lie. However, it's also there to make sure you don't regret anything you do with your life because if you're honest with yourself then you're obviously comfortable with everything you do.
10. Life is not a fairytale.
We constantly live with the expectations that our life will be this if we do this, like if we study hard we're bound to get a great score. BUT PEOPLE! YOU FORGET THAT LIFE IS RANDOM! I study my hardest all the time but then I end up getting 60s and feel disappointed, however this just acts as a reminder that nothing about life is perfect. Humans aren't perfect so why should life be! Stop expecting, so that life will be more spontaneous rather than a massive disappointment.
11. Give to the less fortunate.
I give you the mission of giving, something so powerful it can change lives. It takes your mind off how "unfortunate" you think you are and is an act of love. Instead of complaining about how you don't have the latest iPhone or how bad the maths test was (literally me), let's focus our attention on the people who can't even afford phones or an education and help better their lives. It'll make you feel more purposeful and help decrease the amount of selfish people in this world (i.e. increase the humanity in the world).

What Kdramas have you been watching? I'm a big fan of them too hehe, so I'm curious^^ All the things you posted are very true, I think being happy is the most important thing and all the things you put can ultimatley lead to that(: Thank you for sharing your post, I really enjoyed reading it!
ReplyDeleteWould you like to follow eachother on GFC/Bloglovin? My blog is www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk let me know if you'd like to stay in touch^^ x
I've only been watching The Heirs, which has sadly ended :'( but I really want to start watching Reply 1997 (do you have dramas to recommend to me?)
Deletethat's really sweet! it means so much to me!
and yeah sure, I'll follow you on bloglovin'
xxx
Ah this post is perfect! As for the healthy eating its definitely something I struggle with haha, but thank you this post made me feel better x
ReplyDeletedon't worry! I too am struggling (especially since I'm travelling and I keep eating dishes after dishes).
DeleteI'm so glad to hear it!