I'm a bit late on the trend but you have to forgive me, I have an excuse! I'm starting Year 11 this year, which is the first year of preparing for the WACE exams (exams to get into Uni) and I'm scared. But then again, that's coming from a lonely teen who
However, today is not for complaining about how badly I dislike my Chinese class or how tedious and annoying Economics seems, today I'm going to share things that I want to improve/strive for in the new year. One of which includes my attitude towards school, one of which is the main ones. So basically it's my New Years resolution, just for you!
1. Closer.
Sometimes I can appear cold and hostile. Well actually, sometimes I am. This is probably due to the fact that I get stressed so easily and tend to lash out at people, so I find it easier not to talk. It's something I dislike about myself and something I've been meaning to change. Therefore this year I want to get closer to my family and friends so they know I care and have a place where I am always comfortable being myself... and less "omg I hate the world".
2. Stay Positive.
I don't know how many times I've said this to myself and how many times I've strayed from it. I'm generally a pessimist so when it comes to school and life, I can become the most depressing person; even when I mean to be happy it doesn't work out. However, this year will be different because I'm not going to force myself to be positive, I'm GOING TO BE positive. I'm going to get rid of things that aren't good for me and I'M GOING TO BE THE BEST ME I CAN BE because I can (best excuse anyone needs).
3. Let go of the past.
I'm a sucker for everything perfect and some good things did happen in the past but they all faded into awkward situations and bad relationships. My 'memories' have been getting in the way of me actually having fun in my life, so I'm going to break free because my future is going no where until I stop pondering in the past. Besides, there's nothing fun in wanting what you can't control.
Rose - Lee Hi
Special - Lee Hi
4. Accepting my flaws.
The whole cliché makes me want to bury my head in the ground BUT LIGHTEN UP, MATE! BECAUSE IT'S THE TRUTH. When I had my 'KPOP Revolution' in China and began trying to sing, it wasn't working and I felt my dream slipping away. I hated my voice and the fact that I'm not actually good at anything and am hobby-less. Despite that, I've comes to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be the next Lee Hi or part of the YG Family (ever). But that's what makes me me because I'm good at something else that makes me different from everyone and by embracing my weakness, they will no longer be weaknesses (it's a win-win).
5. Get stuff done.
I'm the expert of procrastination as you can see here, I'm typing up this while I could be catching up with Maths homework. So even though I've kind of already failed, this is another goal of mine. I'm so sick of wishing I could do something, when I clearly can, but find an excuse every time to postpone it. Personal note to self: If you want to get a good body, go freaking work out! You're not going to sit there brooding and crying over others successes. If you want to get a job, finish your resume and go get one. Life's too short to just sit and imagine; go out and do!
Why do I always go so deep with all this psychological stuff...
Anyway, here are some 'normal' resolutions:
- get better skin by drinking heaps of water
- make more friends! I'm increasingly trying to be more social so let's hope I score some new mates
- don't get too distracted by online social things
- stop caring about what things society says I can or cannot eat
Thanks for bearing the cheesiness! How about you guys share some of your resolutions (we can talk about how hard it will be to accomplish)?
ANYWAYS, HERE ARE SOME FUNNY THINGS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET!
| Drag this gif at anytime and have a laugh. |
Until Next Time,
Joyce



What great resolutions these are! Staying positive is definitely at the top of mine. It is so important to find gratitude in everything we do. Good luck lovely!
ReplyDeleteSam // samanthaheather.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for reading!
DeleteYes, I agree. Staying positive is really important because it gives you motivation and changes the way you see the world.
Thank you again
xxx
This was pleasant to read. I have not made a New Year's resolution post this year, because I know I'll only be disappointed with what I know I couldn't achieve in the first place. So instead I'm trying to set semi-realistic goals:to get out as much as I can and do things with the people I love. To participate instead of whine at things I dislike. To watch my healthy habits. Also to study more haha - but who knows if that's even going to work out? (Your blog post holds priority over my workload.)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, yay for the consistent blogging! x
Don't worry, I had the exact same thoughts, but I decided that mental stuff was easier to accomplish. Thus I have a long list of deep internal ramblings hahah. All resolutions are hard, trust me. I guess it's just our motivation and strength that keeps us going. Hope your resolutions work out well (especially studying)!
DeleteThank you, thank you. xx