Apparently if I want to achieve something, I need to do it often enough that it becomes a habit. Today I was about to go to sleep without writing up anything... and it's only Day 1. Hear me out though! I'm so exhausted, and my eyes are dreary - both of which I attribute to the hours of lecture content that I was mindlessly drudging through. Nonetheless, I am here and I want to share a small note on consistency.
Thinking back to all the achievements I have accomplished in the past however many years, I realised that it all comes down to one thing - constantly moving towards the goal. Every decision I made (or at least the somewhat relevant ones) where driven by where I wanted to end up or what type of person I wanted to be. Whether it's with grades, skin care, health, I was trying to make sure that I did my best to keep at it. And the key word here is really constantly (aka consistently). It wasn't so much how many productive hours I put into learning my notes in one day, or how hard I could work out for one hour, but more so the importance or building fail-safe, productive habits that I did daily.
I would rather exercise for 10 minutes a day than exercise for an hour twice a week (that's just me, but it's really the habit and routine of it that keeps me in check and gives me the endorphins I need). It's the same with preparing for an interview, or studying. I know that if I'm not constantly refreshing my brain, it becomes so difficult to pick up again.
Nonetheless, I am human and I'm still learning. I haven't got this habit thing down at all, but I try and I have experienced the value of building this mindset and system. First year me was very productive and disciplined, and now here I am wasting away. Anyway, this is my small note and today's learning. This is also a reflection of a lack of engagement and planning, but I'm here, I showed up! That's what counts, right?
Until tomorrow,
Joyce
No comments:
Post a Comment