1/06/2015

PINNACLES X BUNBURY





HEY GUYS!
Guess what? I went on a road trip. Actually, I went on two but the break between them was 1 day so it was like a massive journey. To roast my skin.

I'm going to admit. It was so hot I almost died but I made it through, with a couple of nice pics. OK the waters weren't exactly aesthetically pleasing but they were fun to swim in. Until Uncle TOM came... ahahah ;-)

BUT HERE'S A LITTLE SUMMARY OF THE TRIP!
We did a lot of site-seeing, but honestly... a majority of Australian is a bore. Maybe because I had to bathe in sunscreen every few hours to avoid being burnt to a crisp and the feeling of sunscreen makes me squirm. Even so, I am still about 10 shades darker than my original self.

Lake Thetis
Lake Thetis



Next up was swimming AND BOY WAS I GLAD. Beaches away from Perth had the reputation of being pristine and stunning, and that was exactly what the first beach we rocked up on looked like. However there were some disagreements so we went to the one filled with seaweed and odd blotches of brown (rocks... etc).

But we gave up and ended up swimming there. AND GUESS WHAT? Yeah, I'm making you guess again. The water was apparently home to some bugs or organism that enjoyed biting/stinging people and next minute I was covered with swelling spots of red. Legs, face, arms... it was kind of disturbing. I'm not trying to gross you out, just a warning. If you want to go swimming, go to the beaches that actually look nice.

I would say this beach is in between pristine paradise and seaweed abode

WELCOME TO THE HUMBLE PINNACLES. 
Not as wow as I imagined...


JUST KIDDING. Oh man... I'm such a jokester ;'-)



Don't be deceived by the size of the pictures... the actual place is so big that you can barely cover the whole thing in one day's journey. So many rocks! Nature is so wonderful! I just wish I got to see it at dawn or sunset. UGH. I saw some pictures in the Discovery Centre and the sky was pink at dawn !!!!


Just a quick toilet break stop... pretty pretty. Except for the white markings on the tree. Are they gonna cut the trees down?

HELLO BUNBURY.





SUPER CUTE FAMILY FRIENDS




Better beaches




Pictures taken on the jetty of our New Year's fishing trip!





#nofilter
That night we caught almost 30 crabs (of course many there thrown back due to size) and we enjoy the cool gusty wind (our saviour from the fatal heat from the days before). However, we experienced a bit of a stumble before we went home. More on that in another post because it drove me insane.
Anyways, we went back to the motel and chomped away on some freshly steamed crab, YUM!

Okay, this is Gnomesville. Probably the most morbid place I've ever been. Started out with one gnome as some sort of mysterious silent protest to protect the area, no one knew where it came from, but it helped the landowner keep the area. Through the years, the number grown into thousands.




You can't really see the vast expanse of Gnomesville, but let me tell you. After 10 minutes I, already bored, went back to the car, only to wait half an hour till my parents thought they had seen enough.

MORBID, I TELL YOU!

This was the site for our picnic before we headed home! Somehow it reminded me of Game of Thrones... the tree with the face, maybe?

Until Next Time,
Joyce

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing Joyce! That's one heck of a good road trip. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shucks! Thank you so much xx
      yeah, it was gr8!!! definitely relaxed a bit :-)

      Delete