10/01/2014

HOLIDAYS 2014 // Royal Show


I vowed to never go back but I guess friends come first... This year's Royal Show crew comprised of Evelyn, John, Smith, Nope, No one, Else, But, Me. Despite, the smaller gang this year I was still eager to go because we were breaking from out moulds... we had decided to go at night! I had my doubts but it turned out amazzzzings! Except my sister had to join halfway and that made it super awks...





Started the adventure at 4:40PM-ish, so luckily we still caught a bit of sunlight! No rides yet, just wandered around trying out the free samples and chatting to a friend, Nancy, who was working at the Roc Candy stall! She literally handed us a whole tube of Roc candy samples... thank goodness the guy he was working with was all chill about it! 

After purchasing some over-priced sweets (fairy floss and these long candy things that made me feel like I was eating diabetes...), we settled for hot chips as dinner. Yep, we were super healthy and what made it EVEN BETTER was my 1cm thick layer of chicken salt. It was saltier than sea water and I've vowed to stay away from salt for at least 2 weeks.



Once "dinner" was done, we had to pick up my sister... YEP, NEVER DOING THAT EVER AGAIN. She literally acted like some barrier/wall... she "hovered" (referring to Twilight). At least I could still walk around. Before fireworks, we had about 1.5 hours to kill so we went to the games/rides section! It looks SO MUCH BETTER AT NIGHT!


I did attempt a game but I got all the rules wrong so I ended up with some weird plushie and a bucket load of disappointment (especially since it cost $10... SO NOT WORTH IT)! Being the cheapo that I am, I refused to play anymore games so we continued travelling through this jungle of lights with people screeching at our faces, telling us to play their games. We ended up at the stadium place and this horse show was on... they called themselves: HORSEPOWER.





Partially them riding horses lit up and waving around massive sprinklers (light things). Although, it was super impressive how in-sync they were.

Safety Precaution lighter to see if the smoke was going to blow in any given direction and essentially cause people to choke and die.
I was also super excited this time for the fireworks. I had never stay till the Skyworks show so YAY! To be honest, I wasn't expecting much since it was Perth... nothing exciting happens here.



Despite the little pictures, I can say I was surprisingly impressed and filled with the excitement of a baby, "wowing" and "woahing" at every boom I heard. Fortunately, the fireworks went on for a solid 10ish minutes. Just hoping I will be even more impressed next year (definitely something worth staying for)! The atmosphere was also very nice, it was just really peaceful looking up and just focusing on the view and sounds.


We still had 45 minutes to kill because we were heading back with Nancy who was working so we kept walking around.




Evelyn decided to go on this ride, while I could've thrown up just by looking at the other people on it.
I promised I'd go on something like this next year because I felt sorry for being a party pooper... HEH... y'all have to remind because I'm pretty sure I'd try obliterate such a promise from my mind.

Blur candid (and super skinny rist...)

Until Next Time,
Joyce!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't go this year (as it's pricey haha) but last year I had a decent time. I was there in the day, for most part, so the atmosphere wasn't as magical. I did fancy the fireworks display though! For Perth, it's of grand standard and I couldn't have been more surprised. It looks like fun nonetheless!
    Your photos are gorgeous by the way, just had to put that out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the views, your photos are truly awesome!!

    ReplyDelete